Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] The ending of a backup and the cutting of a Remedy ticket

2010-10-27 17:12:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] The ending of a backup and the cutting of a Remedy ticket
From: bbahnmil <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:31:52 -0400
Dennis,

    The stability is really a function of the stability of your IT systems.
What we used to do was send the return code to OpenView. OpenView would then
cut tickets to Remedy as needed. This allowed OpenView to do further filtering
- "if a client produced 10 failures in a half hour, only cut one ticket, not
ten" and so on.

    If you are creating tickets via email, your outbound smtp can get fouled
up, the smtp relay can be a potential problem, etc.

    In most situations, using a product like OpenView is usually more reliable.
If you are making a direct call to Remedy (I'm not familiar with the process)
that may be plenty reliable for your environment.

         Bryan