Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup on Solaris with mpxio

2010-10-20 12:17:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup on Solaris with mpxio
From: "Andes, Robert C. CIV" <randes AT ncdoc.navy DOT mil>
To: "'veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu'" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 12:17:24 -0400
I recently implemented mpxio on my Solaris 10-u8 Netbackup server to support
a 1630 disk array (SAN) and now Netbackup cannot communicate with my L48
tape library.  I have no additional slots on the v210 for another dual-port
HBA.  To support multi-pathing to the 6130 array, I have both HBAs zoned to
the 6130 through redundant switches.  Obviously I am also using the same
HBAs for connectivity to the tape drives, one per HBA.  Solaris shows both
tape drives and shows expected output from an mt status command for both
tape drives.
Is this configuration supported and do I just need Netbackup to rediscover
the drives and library?
The command /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/scan shows both tape drives and their WWN
numbers.  I can't provide the output as the system is in a classified
network.

Netbackup 6.5.4
SunFire V210
Solaris 10 u8 (update 8)