Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 7.0.1 & optimized vmdk backup issue (vstorage vs vcb)

2010-10-18 16:31:16
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 7.0.1 & optimized vmdk backup issue (vstorage vs vcb)
From: <Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com>
To: "Spearman, David" <spe08 AT co.henrico.va DOT us>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 15:31:04 -0500

This is not happening to me, but I am at 7.0.0 (with an EEB for VM backup issues).
Have you enabled the Block Level Incremental Backup checkbox? If this is not enabled, it will always do a full backup. If it's not enabled now, you will have to do two backups to start seeing the benefit of BLIB. This is because BLIB enables Change Block Tracking in the VM, so you'll have to get one full backup with BLIB/CBT enabled so that NBU can compare subsequent backups against it.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

"Spearman, David" <spe08 AT co.henrico.va DOT us>
Sent by: <veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>

10/18/2010 11:36 AM

"VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
cc
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] 7.0.1 & optimized vmdk backup issue (vstorage vs vcb)

Now that you mention, yes, I am having the same problem.

David Spearman