Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] PST files and de-dupe

2010-10-11 16:36:09
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] PST files and de-dupe
From: "Lightner, Jeff" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 16:36:02 -0400
Haven't done pst files but since other databases do well with dedupe
there is no reason to suppose they wouldn't.   Dedupe is typically done
at block level rather than file level so the fact the pst changed in and
of itself shouldn't be a concern.  If however the pst somehow got
reorged everynight it might be a concern.   (That is to say adding info
to a file and changing its time stamp and size doesn't negatively affect
a dedupe but a compact/defrag of a file might as the data isn't really
the same after that.)