Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Red and green arrow shown on a drive in the toplogy display

2010-10-05 15:37:19
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Red and green arrow shown on a drive in the toplogy display
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 19:36:56 +0000
That would mean mixed state.
Most likely you use SSO ( shared storage option) where more than one media
server can use the same tape drive (though only one at a time).
That mixed means that for one server the drive is up and for another server the
drive is down.
This can happen if serverA was using the drive - had an issue and downed the
drive on serverA.
But has serverB which also has access to the drive has not used it yet, so
serverB has not downed the drive.
To find out which server go to the devices tab on the activity monitor
(jobs/services/processes/drives)