Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Anyone on here own a StorageTek SL500 ? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

2010-10-05 08:04:25
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Anyone on here own a StorageTek SL500 ? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: "WEAVER, Simon (external)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 07:43:21 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

They are alright for small, rack-mounted robots, non-redundant though, so
if you plan on using them, make sure you get two if your backups are
mission-critical.  Seems to have more problems with older L700 robots.
Have experience with expansion modules as well, no issues there.

The SL500 must be mounted perfectly level, if its off by as much as 1mm
there will/can be mount errors or it can cause the hand to lockup or get
stuck.

Justin.