Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] MSEO

2010-09-30 12:51:18
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] MSEO
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <talldoode AT cox DOT net>, <hkyeakley AT gmail DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 16:09:35 +0000
My little pearl- if your tape drives are capable of hardware encryption ( most
are)  use kms instead.
If you have the same manual as I have it is chapter 6.

1) free - no license required
2) easy set up
3) overhead is on the tape drives and not on the client or media server
4) drawback is you can only have 2 encrypted pools on 6.5 but can have 20 on 7.0