Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tips, Tricks, Hacks, and Best Practices

2010-09-28 12:35:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tips, Tricks, Hacks, and Best Practices
From: Heathe Yeakley <hkyeakley AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 11:35:21 -0500
Once a month or so, I see a little pearl of wisdom pop up on the list
here. Something that makes me slap my head and say "Why aren't I doing
that in my environment?"

For example, I saw in a message earlier this week that mentioned
excluding the /proc and /dev filesystems on *nix clients. I'm not
doing that and I'm /facepalming my self for not thinking about that.

My question: I know Symantec publishes white papers on various "Best
Practices" involving their products, including NetBackup. Is there a
website, Symantec owned or publicly operated, where a lot of these
tips, tricks and hacks for managing a NBU environment are published.
Or do I just need to go to the mailing lists website and start reading
through every thread picking out things and taking notes?

Thanks.

- HKY