Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Understanding DSSU

2010-09-02 15:44:12
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Understanding DSSU
From: <Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com>
To: Nate Sanders <sandersn AT dmotorworks DOT com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 14:43:58 -0500

I first did an ls -l and grabbed the image ID of the images I thought were too old and should have been destaged and expired off of the DSSU.
I then took those images and ran them through bpimagelist to see if they had a copy on tape (or if it should have been expired).
Those that had a copy on tape or should have been expired were bpexpdate'd.

If you aren't familiar with these commands, read up on them in the commands guide and do some practicing with them. Especially with bpexpdate.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

Nate Sanders <sandersn AT dmotorworks DOT com>

09/02/2010 01:40 PM

"Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com" <Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com>
cc
"Sanders, Nate" <sandersn AT digitalmotorworks DOT com>, Veritas List <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>, "veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] Understanding DSSU

Yes I've had my suspicions that there were issues with images on disk
being moved to tape. How can I ensure they are removed and/or verify
that they are not?