Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Recommended FC array for D2D2T process

2010-09-02 07:42:57
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Recommended FC array for D2D2T process
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 06:37:38 -0500
On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 6:51 PM, mitch808 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:
I've run into a lot of folks using either Promise FC arrays or NexSAN arrays.  They are lowend boxes with RAID cards, that do nothing more than act like a JBOD.

A NexSAN array is not a "RAID card"  - our lower end SATABeast have  dual-controllers, redundant 4Gbps fibre channel ports and iSCSI connectivity.

We've got a half dozen of them.  We don't like them much but that's a different issue.

   .../Ed