Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] CPU Utilization

2010-08-26 04:38:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] CPU Utilization
From: "Adrian Soetanto" <adrian.soetanto AT bentoel.co DOT id>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 15:35:46 +0700
Dear all,

I want to ask about CPU utilization of our NetBackup master & media
server.
The NetBackup 6.5.4 is running on AIX 5.3.7.
>From 'topas' command line, we can see the resource and CPU utilization.
There is a high utilization of CPU which is around 90%.
>From the detail of CPU utilization, we can see the NetBackup daemon
'bmrd' has used -/+ 90% of CPU.
Yes, we use Bare Metal Restore functionality, but is it normal for bmrd
to use 90% of available CPU?

Here is the information you might need:

System Model: IBM,9133-55A
Machine Serial Number: 06486FH