Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore Questions

2010-08-24 07:52:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore Questions
From: tsimerson <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 07:51:13 -0400
NetBackup does not differentiate between images on disk versus images on tape.
They are all just images to it.  If the data you request resides on tape, NBU
will generate a tape mount request automatically.

As for the date thing, NBU will, by default, go back to the most recent full
backup displaying the full backup along with all incremental backups up to
today's date.  You will need to expand the date range that NBU scans for.  On
the Java console, look on the right hand side just above the file listing
window.  There is a "file tree" button and a "calendar" button.  The "file
tree" button will display a list of all images for the current client while the
"calendar" button will pop up a calendar that you can then select a date range
for.  I don't recall how to do this in the Windows GUI.

Hope this helps.