Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] watching a running job

2010-08-16 17:37:07
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] watching a running job
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>, <sandersn AT dmotorworks DOT com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 21:36:37 +0000

There is a debug file you can use.  – Use at own risk – will eat up disk space -

(example for unix)

In /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/<servername>

Touch debug_file_history

Then after the job runs  go into

/usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/<servername>/<##########>   (something like 1281000000)

In here you will find a file for each job that ran after the file was touched.

AIX_233_1281423259_FULL_debug_dump.f   (in this case the policy is AIX_233 and it was a full backup.)

This file will list all the files backed up.

I have used this to test some of the issues that support has posted, like weather it does or does not back up some type of file, pr to see if my exclude/include list works as expected.

When done – remove the touch file you created and it won’t make the list any more.