Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] watching a running job

2010-08-16 17:22:57
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] watching a running job
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: Nate Sanders <sandersn AT dmotorworks DOT com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 16:22:52 -0500
On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Nate Sanders <sandersn AT dmotorworks DOT com> wrote:
Is it possible to watch a running job and find out what files it is
backing up? I'm under suspicion that some of our policies are not
adhering to ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES or exclude files. I just found a job that's
running 5+ hours and in the status window shows me a Warning about a NFS
path. Those shouldn't be backed up by ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES, right?

There's an option in the policy as to whether or not to follow NFS mounts.  Do a quick check on the policy:

[root@osiris ~]# bppllist 00TEMPLATE-UNIX -U | grep NFS
  Follow NFS Mounts:   no

If you've got a previous run, have a look at the STREAMS file (in /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/<client>/STREAMS* and you can quickly tell what mount points have been backed up.  Of course, you can do a bplist too.

   .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org