Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Email restore using NBU?? Please help!! :(

2010-08-07 21:43:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Email restore using NBU?? Please help!! :(
From: Tony1100 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2010 21:43:44 -0400
I am desperate so any help is much appreciated!  I have a user that needs her
Sent Items restored from X date.  I'm a bit new to mail restores and have an
inherited infrastructure I'm still trying to learn everything.
Master is Veritas Netbackup 6.5.4
Exchange 2007 on W2k8 server with about 6 storage groups

Our backup policy for this Exchange server is set for all "Microsoft
Information Store".

To restore this users Sent Items...  Do I have to restore an entire mailstore
(~100GB) which would take probably 12 hrs.  Then merge the db, etc, etc to
retrieve the specific user mailbox and folder??  :(

Or is there an easier way using Netbackup to just restore the mailbox or even
the folder?  If so, could someone point me to the steps for this??

Thanks!!
Tony :D