Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] destaging to multiple destinations

2010-08-04 16:07:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] destaging to multiple destinations
From: Marion Hakanson <hakansom AT ohsu DOT edu>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 13:07:31 -0700
Greetings,

Netbackup Enterprise Server 7.0 here, on Solaris-10 x86 master server.
The admin guide indicates that when setting up a "relocation schedule"
(a.k.a. "Staging Schedule") for a DSSU, you can specify the destination
tape pool and a retention for each of multiple copies.

However, the Admin Console does not present one with the option of
setting the retention -- only the storage unit and volume pool are
available (also "if this copy fails" and "media owner").

I was hoping to make the primary tape copy and vault copy at the same
time during destaging, but without being able to set the retention here,
I'm a bit stuck.  Is the manual just wrong, or is there a command-line
way of doing this in the staging schedule?

BTW, I'm aware that SLP's are the best way to accomplish this, but unless
you're willing to send us $50k or so to buy Advanced Disk, SLP's are not
an option for us.

Suggestions as to another way to accomplish the goal under Basic Disk
would be welcome.

Regards,

Marion