Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP backups from Netapp using Netbackup

2010-07-27 17:20:08
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP backups from Netapp using Netbackup
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 17:20:11 -0400

I assumed since someone mentioned CIFS that we were talking about file servers. I don’t mean to disparage NetApp or Sun. I’ve had no issues pushing 100+MB/sec from my filers with large files. However, I’m in the untenable position of having a 20-30Kb average file size which necessitates creative backup solutions. I’ve had success in this scenario running multiple streams.

-Jonathan