Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Server getting reboot every time the backup runs.

2010-07-27 06:08:15
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Server getting reboot every time the backup runs.
From: "Dustin Damour" <dustind AT plateautel DOT com>
To: "pranav batra" <pranav_venture AT hotmail DOT com>, "Veritas" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 04:07:17 -0600

It could be any number of things that is causing the reboot as others have stated from memory, internal drives, network cards, HBAs, down to even the components of the motherboard or even the main board its self.

If the reboot only happens when NetBackup is initiated then perhaps it could be something within that process stack. Something could be unique to your servers that are causing the reboot both in hardware and software that is causing the conflict.

I would suggest what others have stated that get the Windows Support people involved, but I would also contact Symantec support to head off the problem from both angles.

I’ve had something similar that was not hardware related that Symantec engineers were able to identify within NetBackup, and they wrote a patch to fix the problem.

Dustin D'Amour

Wireless Switch Technician

Plateau Wireless

575.389.4189 - office