Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Greenplum

2010-07-22 02:37:00
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Greenplum
From: "JC Cheney" <joseph_cheney AT symantec DOT com>
To: <ccosta.ccc AT gmail DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 07:36:42 +0100
The simple way would be to dump the data to disk with a pre-backup
scripts and then remove it with a post-backup script.

If you wanted to get fancy then you could look at using pipes to connect
the greenplum database dump command to bpbkar. Although a bit more
complex to setup in the first instance it does give better flexibility
in the long run and avoids the need for all that extra disk space...

Another option would be to quiesce the database and then perform a
regular backup, or maybe split a mirror off and then back that up.