Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can't get nbu to use drives, and cant 'up' the drives.

2010-07-16 07:06:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can't get nbu to use drives, and cant 'up' the drives.
From: tsimerson <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 07:05:36 -0400
I don't think this problem is a NBU issue.  It looks like Solaris has lost the
drives.  You need to rescan the devices to make sure that Solaris can see the
drives.  I believe you can run "devfsadm -c tape" to have the system rescan for
devices or issue a "touch /reconfigure" then reboot the system.

Once you can confirm that Solaris can see the drives and tapes (using mt
command and suggestion from Len), then I bet NBU will just start working again.
 Granted that the device names haven't changed  [Wink]