Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can't get nbu to use drives, and cant 'up' the drives.

2010-07-15 14:30:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can't get nbu to use drives, and cant 'up' the drives.
From: ddobek <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:30:52 -0400
Thanks Jim

I think these drives are there, but they just dont respond.  here is the output:
bash-3.00# mt -f /dev/rmt/3cbn status
/dev/rmt/3cbn: no tape loaded or drive offline
bash-3.00# cd /dev/rmt

the drives are in a 'down' state. and I am not sure if the path is incorrect,
how to figure out what it should be?

--thanks for the help gang, I'm beating my head against a wall!
:-)