Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Can't get nbu to use drives, and cant 'up' the drives.

2010-07-15 14:23:54
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Can't get nbu to use drives, and cant 'up' the drives.
From: "Jim Horalek" <jimh AT federaledge DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 11:24:03 -0700
Are the drives really there?

# mt -f /dev/rmt/3cbn status

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
[mailto:veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu] On Behalf Of ddobek
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 11:33 PM
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU

NBU 6.0 on unix,
after stopping nbu, powering down a quantum px502 library, pulling the 2
drives out the back, and putting them back in, powering back on and
restarting nbu...the drives are there, recognizeable but they stay in the
down state. I cannot up them either from gui or the command line.  all jobs
that run error out with a 800 code.  i cannot figure out why the drives will
not come up? Any suggestions?  i've ran some commands to check the drive
against the global database for the serial numbers, and it comes up as
seeing both the drives, and that the serial is correct etc etc.  They just
wont come up.  Any help would be great.
thanks