Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Staging off Virtual Tape Library

2010-07-15 10:28:43
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Staging off Virtual Tape Library
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <rcarlisle AT serverwarecorp DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:28:21 +0000
The benefit I see for vault is if you are storing tapes off site by "tape".
I currently send off by container.  One container a day.  I just come in and
eject all tapes made yesterday, put in container and send off.

I have 1 tape a week that is sent off site as "open media" and stored as an
individual tape.

Now if we change the way we do backups and I have to store all by tape - I will
be buying vault.

It all depends on how big your site is and how you store offsite.