Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] (no subject)

2010-07-07 13:20:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] (no subject)
From: pranav batra <pranav_venture AT hotmail DOT com>
To: Veritas <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 22:49:59 +0530
Hello,

http://support.veritas.com/docs/316845
====================================================================================================================================
Restore and duplications from the OpenStorage disk option need not use the same media server that wrote the backup image.  This is by design as NetBackup is trying to use the media server with the least load, in accordance with Media Server Load Balancing strategy.

Now my question is:-

If for a single LSU,we select to use multiple media servers:-Will the backup use the media server with least load ??

do we have this thing documented anywhere ?

Thanks and Regards
Pranav Batra

The dark side of terrorists revealed in MSN Internal Security Get it now.