Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Fulls fail w/error 99

2010-06-23 16:06:04
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Fulls fail w/error 99
From: Roy McMorran <mcmorran AT mdibl DOT org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:05:58 -0400
On 6/23/10 3:43 PM, Len Boyle wrote:
> Hello Roy

Hi Len, thanks for the reply!
> Do you see anything of interest in the netapp /etc/messages file?

Alas, no.  Nothing other than ndmpd session opened/closed.
> Might it be a problem with the tape cart or the tape drive?  What is the make
> and model of the lto-4 tape drive and the library?

The drive in question is an HP Ultrium 4.  I was told about a week ago
that it had the latest and greatest firmware.

> Do you see anything of interest in the tape drive/library error logs.

I don't see anything in the library logs, but I'm not sure if it
captures SCSI errors etc. from the drives themselves.  It's a STK
SL-500.  But I assume I'd see that in the filer messages file anyway.
> Is it always the same tape cart or same tape drive that reports the i/o error?

Different tapes.  Same drive (it's the only one zoned to the filer).

We haven't been looking very closely at the drive itself... I think I'll
have a word with my hardware contact.

Thanks.

--
Roy McMorran