Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU7 & Real Time Protection

2010-06-22 12:04:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU7 & Real Time Protection
From: flyinraptr <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 12:04:16 -0400
"I am looking at the same thing.

I currently have a working master at my DR site.

And once a day I replicate the db/images up to a separate directory on my DR
master.
( I am using the restore without import method - also known as Partial catalog
recovery)

But right now I just rdist it up once a day. So if I lost my master here before
the rdist runs I will not have the current db/images.

So I am also looking at using Real Time (as it is free for the catalog) to see
if I can get it to put it into a different directory on my DR master so I can
still do the restore without import method. With Real Time it would always be
current."

So with the 'restore without import method' is it laying down the entire
catalog or just the delta?  With our environment, I'm thinking being able to
replicate the catalog/db twice a day to a DR location might be sufficient.