Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES question

2010-06-09 03:37:39
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES question
From: "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
To: "Steve Fogarty" <steve.fogarty AT gmail DOT com>, "Barber, Layne Mr CTR US DISA CDM242" <layne.barber.ctr AT csd.disa DOT mil>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 08:37:23 +0100
ALD does indeed capture system state / shadow copy components, if the clients are Windows 2000 and 2003 / 2008, ect. NT of course does not need these directives.
I know, because I use it all the time. and has been since 5.1

System State is the Registry of Win2k and Shadow Copy is Win2k3+

I am now on 6.5, and again, can confirm that the System state is present on my clients in a single policy for All Local Drives Directive.

HTH
Simon