Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES question

2010-06-08 16:26:08
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES question
From: "Barber, Layne Mr CTR US DISA CDM242" <layne.barber.ctr AT csd.disa DOT mil>
To: "BeDour, Wayne" <WBedour AT lear DOT com>, <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>, <steve.fogarty AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 14:44:35 -0500
No, it is broken into 2 parts, system state and shadow copy. The client
recognizes what version the OS is and backs it up accordingly.

Windows 2000 - is only system state
Windows 2003 - is shadow copy components (includes system state)
Windows 2008 - Same as 2003

The contents of system state are:
Active Directory
Com+ Class Registration Database
Registry
System Files
SYSVOL

Shadow Copy components adds 2 items and INCLUDES the System State:

Shadow Copy Components----

                                 |- System State
                                 |      Active Directory
                                 |      Com+ Class Registration Database