Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Media write error 84

2010-05-26 11:05:41
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Media write error 84
From: Nate Sanders <sandersn AT dmotorworks DOT com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 10:05:20 -0500
So it looks to be happening again. Same policy. What makes no sense is
that half the clients in the policy fail and the other half do not.
There are also other policies that are writing to this same disk staging
area and they are not seeing high volumes of media write errors either.

This is the policy that I'm seeing the highest amount of failures on.
> sandersn@backup1:/usr$ bpdbjobs |grep -c unix_night
> 42
> sandersn@backup1:/usr$ bpdbjobs |grep unix_night|grep -c 84
> 20

These are two other similar policies that both write to the exact same
disk staging group as the above policy.
> sandersn@backup1:/usr$ bpdbjobs |grep unix_DMZ|grep -c 84
> 1
> sandersn@backup1:/usr$ bpdbjobs |grep win_night|grep -c 84
> 6

What makes it further confusing is that if I rerun these jobs later,
they all succeed.

--
Nate Sanders            Digital Motorworks
System Administrator      (512) 692 - 1038

attachments from your system.