Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Incorrect File List being Built

2010-05-26 10:38:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Incorrect File List being Built
From: "Shekel Tal" <Tal.Shekel AT uk.fujitsu DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 15:37:16 +0100

Hi Guys

I have quite an interesting one here

NetBackup 6.5.5 – windows 2003 Master

NetBackup 6.5.5 Windows 2003 Media Server behind a firewall backing itself up

All comms going through vnetd

I am using a file list such as:

E:\Folder1\*

E:\Folder2\*

I am doing this so that I can pull the data of the disk using multiple streams so that I can keep a decent data flow to an LTO4 drive.

Else certain directories containing small file just slow the entire backup volume down

The first backup run used the wildcard and detected each subdirectory and ran a separate stream.

When new sub directories are added they are not detected by the wildcard discovery – the directories which existed at the time the first back ran are the only ones which jobs are created for.

If I create a new policy and specify E:\Folder1\* - NetBackup will then detect all the subdirectories and kick off a job for each one.

Its almost as if the file list is being cached somewhere and not being rediscovered for each scheduled backup.

Any thoughts or similar experiences?

I am sure I have actually seen this will earlier versions of NetBackup – going back to NB5

Cheers