Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] SCSI reserves on SSO windows drives

2010-05-25 09:42:31
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] SCSI reserves on SSO windows drives
From: "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
To: <michael.ketley AT orange-ftgroup DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 14:42:24 +0100
Certainly seen this "alot". Own a HP ESL with 12 drives. Would find that if any work was done on the fabric or switches, I had to do things like:

1) stop all backups
2) shutdown all NBU processes on Master / Media Servers
3) Power down library
4) Restart, scan Master / Media Servers for tape drives and library
5) Restart NetBackup

Sometimes netbackup processes would hang around a Master / Media Server and had to use pskill to remove them!

The BPTM logs may hold additional information. In fairness, since moving to the latest firmware, upgrading our  HBA cards and drivers, we seem to be a little more stable. This was ongoing for a while....

Simon