Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Trying to perform a restore with specific events/scenarios

2010-05-12 16:18:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Trying to perform a restore with specific events/scenarios
From: gbkyle <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 15:03:55 -0400
A little bit of background. Data was lost over the weekend and we tried doing a
full recovery of all the lost data. Unfortunately, an improper start date was
used and only half of the data we needed was recovered. We must now go back
through the first couple of days and restore the rest of the data. However,
some of the files have already been edited and re-created, etc.

I have listed below our current scenarios and actions we would like to take in
the event of this scenario. I was wondering if this is possible with NetBackup,
or possibly even an existing tool or script.

        Scenario \      Action
1       0kB File on location to restore to \    Overwrite File
2       File on Location to Restore to Has newer modification date than that is
on Tape \       Do Not Overwrite
3       File on location to Restore to has older Modification date than that is
on the Tape \   Overwrite File
4       File Does Not Exist     \ Write File

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.