Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Media write error 84

2010-05-10 10:24:44
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Media write error 84
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: Nate Sanders <sandersn AT dmotorworks DOT com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 09:24:33 -0500
On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 9:02 AM, Nate Sanders <sandersn AT dmotorworks DOT com> wrote:
I know Netbackup errors are often cryptic or not very straight forward
but I forget if an 84 on a regular job (cumulative) has any hidden
meaning I'm not recalling. I know an 84 on a DSSU job usually implies a
disk staging flush is needed.

I believe you're mistaken on this one.  An 84 on a DSSU job typically means you are experiencing physical errors writing to disk - either a SCSI error or an error on your fiber channel infrastructure.

If you're trying to flush and can't, you'll get a 129 - storage unit is full.

   .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org