Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO3 to LTO4 conversion

2010-05-07 04:06:06
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO3 to LTO4 conversion
From: "Shekel Tal" <Tal.Shekel AT uk.fujitsu DOT com>
To: "A Darren Dunham" <ddunham AT taos DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 09:05:37 +0100
Just use barcode rules and volume pools to separate your media types.
Otherwise things can get a bit confusing for the user - additionally I
am sure you will want to phase out your older media generations

I agree not changing the media type in NBU - especially if you plan on
using the lto4 drives for legacy lto3 restores !!
NetBackup wont actually mount media into the drive if it thinks it is a
different device/media type