Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] performance on windows cluster

2010-05-06 05:03:25
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] performance on windows cluster
From: "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
To: "Kevin Corley" <Kevin.Corley AT apollogrp DOT edu>, "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 10:02:22 +0100
Hi Kevin
I do not want to be a downer on Clustering, as I quite like MS Clustering, but the reason why I would be looking at Clustering the Master is due to "High Availability" of that application.

However, please bear in mind that if you have 1000+ jobs running while the Master Cluster fails over, the application will stop. This will result in potentially failed backups, client timeout / disconnects and the potential to restart failed jobs if the retry limits been reached.

Would it be worth considering a seperate Media Server to take the load off the Master? And using Shared Storage Option (SSO) for access to the Drives and Library? I do apprecaite it may be more of a cost to the company (where Clustering is free out of the box), but it is an option.

Have you read the NetBackup High Availability Guide?

Regards
Simon