Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 7 multithreaded Sybase ASA dbase

2010-04-20 14:39:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 7 multithreaded Sybase ASA dbase
From: "Stafford, Geoff" <GStafford AT barclaycardus DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 14:37:56 -0400

So I was having a conversation with one of the NBU product managers at Vision last week and I was told something I hadn’t heard before.  Apparently the Sybase ASA database running behind Netbackup is now multithreaded and nbrb performance has improved.  In all the conversations and presentations around NBU7, this is the first time I had heard this and was a little surprised.  I would think they would be yelling this from the rooftops in celebration as resource broker performance has been a frustrating issue for many of us for years.

I’m just wondering if anyone else has heard this and if people are seeing real world gains after upgrading to 7 and if you can quantify it in some shape or form?  If this is true it’s going to be a major motivator to start upgrading.

TIA

Barclays
www.barclaycardus.com

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and/or proprietary information. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity who is the intended recipient. Unauthorized use of this information is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender by replying to this message and delete this material from any system it may be on.