Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Purging hosts from Symantec OpsCenter

2010-04-07 04:34:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Purging hosts from Symantec OpsCenter
From: nez <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 04:34:00 -0400
We've been running Symantec OpsCenter for some time now and we see "dead
clients" in OpsCenter.

We have 96 unique clients, OpsCenter however shows 140 "unique" clients. Most
of the false clients are "old clients", servers which we've deleted for some
time now, some are existing clients but with the domain suffix added to the
hostname.

In OpsCenter I can easily recognise them when I go to:
Monitor > Hosts > Client
the "dead clients" have the value "-" in "OS Type" and "Hardware"

All these clients have been properly removed from policies and host properties
in the NetBackup Java Administration Console. There is no trace of them there,
but they appear to remain forever in OpsCenter which is sabotaging our reports
as filtering hosts in reports is becoming more time consuming.

Is there a way to remove "dead clients" from OpsCenter?

P.S: Examples of affected reports are the "Client Dashboard Summary" and the
"RPO" report.