Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] per-directory policies a la NetWorker?

2010-04-07 03:16:30
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] per-directory policies a la NetWorker?
From: christophe.wegrzyniak AT clearstream DOT com
To: David Magda <dmagda AT ee.ryerson DOT ca>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 09:16:14 +0200

You should try exclude list :

looks like :
exclude_list.POLICY_NAME

here an example :
cat exclude_list.POLICY_NAME
core
/xxxx/xxx/*.nsf
/xxxx/xxx//lost+found
/xxxx/xxxx/*.TMP
/xxxx/xxxx/*.TXN
/xxxx/xxxx/*.box
/xxxxx/xxxx/*.ntf
*.nsf
*.box
*.ntf
*.TXN
lost+found

David Magda <dmagda AT ee.ryerson DOT ca>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

07/04/2010 03:21

veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu] per-directory policies a la NetWorker?

NetWorker has a feature where you can put a ".nsr" file in a
directory, and then during backup it's contents will be parse so that
you can treat particular files or directories in a special way. An
example from the man page:

> Having a /usr/src/.nsr file containing:
>                  +skip: errs *.o
>                  +compressasm: .
> would cause all files (or directories) in /usr/src named errs or *.o
> (and anything contained within them) to be skipped.  In addition,
> all other files contained in /usr/src will be compressed during save
> and will be set up for automatic decompression on recover.

http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?db=man&fname=4%20nsr
http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?db=man&fname=uasm

Is there a similar feature in NetBackup 6.5 and above? I know there's
a $HOME/bp.conf, but is there something that can be dropped in an
arbitrary directory?

Thanks for any info.

Clearstream Services S.A.
42 Avenue JF Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg
Société anonyme is organised with limited liability
in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg R.C.S. Luxembourg B 60911.

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of its affiliates or subsidiaries.

Legally required information for business correspondence/
Gesetzliche Pflichtangaben fuer Geschaeftskorrespondenz:
http://deutsche-boerse.com/letterhead

END OF DISCLAIMER