Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Can I find out when a policy first ran?

2010-04-01 11:17:07
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Can I find out when a policy first ran?
From: "Brian J. Greenberg" <brian AT gsysd DOT com>
To: "judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com> <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com" <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>, WBedour AT lear DOT com, veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 10:16:56 -0500
You can also use bpimagelist to show you the oldest active backup in the catalogue.  Although it doesn't give you the date for when the policy was first created, it will tell you how far back you can possibly go with that policy.

bpimagelist -d 01/01/1970 -policy <policy_name> -U

Brian J. Greenberg
General System Dynamics LLC
brian AT gsysd DOT com
http://gsysd.com
312.242.1840

Follow me on Twitter
Follow GSD on Twitter

Maybe.

/opt/openv/netbackup/db/class
This is where the policies live.
You can look here and if you can see the difference between creation and modification you might be able to tell.

Me I make a point of when creating a new policy I put a date in that active field so I know when I started using it.