Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 2 master servers with netbackup 6.0 MP4

2010-03-23 15:21:52
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 2 master servers with netbackup 6.0 MP4
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <edy25ro AT yahoo DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 14:21:04 -0500

You have to logical libraries…..

Means you have two libraries … one master controls one and its drives and its tapes, the other master controls the other library and its drives and its tapes.  The NB masters know nothing about each other, and the virtual libraries know nothing about each other.

If you want two MEDIA servers to share ONE library, then create one library.

Add it to your master for control, if your master is also a media server add the drives to the server then to NetBackup.

If you want both media servers to share the drives, then on the SAN you Zone the drives to both media servers, put in the SSO license.

Once zoned the second media server should also be able to see the drives, add them to the OS, then add the second media server to share the same drives you added with the first master/media server.

I am on aix 5.3 and have a TS3310 library that I have done this with.