Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP-Backups

2010-03-17 09:29:23
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP-Backups
From: Nathan Kippen <nate.kippen AT gmail DOT com>
To: Dirk.Mueller AT lvr DOT de
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 07:28:29 -0600
Do you have to use SLP?

In the intial backup why don't you just do inline copy?

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 4:52 AM, <Dirk.Mueller AT lvr DOT de> wrote:
Hi,

we backups a lot of data with NDMP - Full-Backup = 13TB

Is there any chance to duplicate our NDMP-Backups?

Now our backups runs over 8 drives (4 per library).
If I try to duplicate it over SLP the Duplicate needs 8 drives per library - it´s not possible.
If I want to do it with inline copy over SLP my timewindow is to small.

Any other idea?

NetBackup 6.5.4 on Windows 2003 64bit

Kind regards
Dirk