Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Encrypted data sets

2010-03-16 14:30:32
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Encrypted data sets
From: david AT stanaway DOT net
To: "Adams, Dwayne" <AdamsDC AT medsch.ucsf DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 13:16:42 -0500 (CDT)
I have 2 Keygroups, one for catalog backups, the other for all other backups.

Some have shown some compression degradation with the hardware compression
if hardware encryption is used which is surprising. Tapes are easily mixed
up. Unless you are absolutely certain that only your ENCR pool tapes leave
the premise, why not just encrypt them all?