Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Need to change Media Type from HCART to HCART2 on a few tapes.

2010-03-16 13:57:46
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Need to change Media Type from HCART to HCART2 on a few tapes.
From: "Holowinski, Scott" <Scott.Holowinski AT OneNeck DOT com>
To: "BeDour, Wayne" <WBedour AT lear DOT com>, "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 10:56:58 -0700

vmchange -m <mediaID> -new_mt hcart2

If the media has already been loaded you will need to change the volume group too

vmchange -m <mediaID> -new_v 001_00001_TLD (though you will need to check what the volume ID is on another tape to make sure, I am guessing)

Or you could move it to stand alone and re-inventory the robot.

Btw, vmchange should be in  /usr/openv/volmgr/bin

Enjoy.

Scott Holowinski

Shared Backup Administrator

OneNeck IT Services