Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Any performance hits noticed on 6.5.5??

2010-03-04 20:06:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Any performance hits noticed on 6.5.5??
From: Dennis Peacock <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 20:06:34 -0500
Since we've upgraded 3 of our master servers and media servers, we've noticed a
serious performance hit on all 3 masters.

All master servers are Solaris boxes running version 10 of the O/S.
All media servers are Solaris 10 boxes.
Backing up to 2 VTL systems with 400TB each.
Backing up to DSSU space of about 380TB.
Vaulting off DSSU & VTL to a single SL8500 library with 33 T10Kb tape drives.

Before 6.5.5? We had good backup performance. Since the 6.5.5 upgrade?
Performance has been very poor.

As always, advice and pointers all welcomed.