Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Version 6.5 Transferring image files between Master Servers

2010-03-04 11:16:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Version 6.5 Transferring image files between Master Servers
From: lookn4me <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 11:16:16 -0500
I'm currently using NetBackup 5.1 and able to copy image files between master
servers to facilitate restores at the other site.  Have done this for years.
Just copying images files to alternate master server place media into the other
site's library and in a special pool, and modify the client bp.conf and begin
restoring.  Now have to get all master servers upgraded to Netbackup 6.5 then
onto Netbackup 7.x.   Will I be able to continue to perform this shortcut and
have it work?