Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup on CentOS ??

2010-03-03 13:21:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup on CentOS ??
From: Robin Small <Robin.Small AT fresno DOT gov>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 10:21:43 -0800

I’m wondering if any of you know why CentOS isn’t supported as a NBU Master?

I’ve tried googledredging, but all I’ve really managed to find is that it’s technically possible, but not supported.

I’ve done it in a VM for a test env., and while it installs fine, I haven’t really ran it through its paces to find out if anything breaks.

So, I’m curious if anyone knows the reason??  The only one I can think of, beside it being some technical issue, is that Support wants someone (a company and/or paid support) to refer to when it becomes an OS-related issue and that the Master/Media/Server-side demands more of the OS than a client.

~ Robin