Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Sun/StorageTek based LTO4 encryption

2010-03-02 09:42:58
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Sun/StorageTek based LTO4 encryption
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <Tal.Shekel AT uk.fujitsu DOT com>, <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>, <kc.on.the.job AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 08:41:45 -0600
I am now using kms, and because the tape drive does the compression and
the tape drive does the encryption, I have not noticed any loss in
compression yet ( only have had it running for about 1 week) that was
something I was also concerned about.  You have to compress before you
encrypt, and as far as I could find out the tape drive knows that.