Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Storage life cycle policy query.

2010-02-25 10:18:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Storage life cycle policy query.
From: pranav batra <pranav_venture AT hotmail DOT com>
To: Veritas <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 20:48:09 +0530
Hello All,

We have setup a SLP for the duplication of images to diffrent storage units.

We are taking a backup on Disk them duplicating it to another disk at diffrent location and then to tape at same location.

My question is that this all is a very time consuming process.

As first backup goes to disk one:-to tape.Then duplication starts to disk2 and then

Is there any way to run both the duplication process simentaneously when the backup to disk 1 completes.

I mean when backup to disk 1 done: -Can the duplication run on idsk2 and tape simentaneously.

We are using OST option but it is not offrening us the D2D2T option.

Could somebody put some more light on it?

Thanks and Regards
Pranav Batra