Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup exec catalog query?

2010-02-25 09:02:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup exec catalog query?
From: pranav batra <pranav_venture AT hotmail DOT com>
To: Veritas <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 19:32:44 +0530
Hello All,

I am new to backup exec as i have always worked on Netbackup and Netapp.
I have given new responsibility to handle few servers getting backed up by backup exec 9.1.

I have finally stabled the environment by creating jobs and media labels.

Now i was thinking of how to take a catalog backup as we do in netbackup.
I have created jobs to run from Mon-Sun.

Mon-Fri:-Incremental
Sat-Sun-Full.

I am using Dell PV122t-LT02 with IBM-Ultrium drive and 8 slots.

Now suppose my server got crashed after my full backup completes:-Then i can make the servers up and restore all the data from last full backup.But what about the previous backups:-As if do i need to import all the tapes to prepare the catalog again or is there any other way?

Let me know.

Thanks and Regards
Pranav Batra