Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Special Tapes to policies

2010-02-19 17:02:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Special Tapes to policies
From: bruceephx <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 17:01:58 -0500
I'll give a reason for using specific tapes, litigation discovery.  Our email
backups need to go to specific tapes so that the tapes are reused within 24
hours of the image(s) expiring.  If you used scratch tapes, when the image
expires the data is still on the tape, it can be re-imported and recovered.  We
have many dozen scratch tapes, so the email backups could exist for weeks after
the images expire.